This MOOC is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web, and it includes validated academic content designed and produced by project members and MOOC Commission. The MOOC will be designed in a multidisciplinary collaboration between the teaching staff and the development team. This MOOC can be used and reached by any person or institution that wants to train its educators or train them on how to be eco schools and to gain teacher competencies for environmental education.
We expect the MOOC to be especially useful to institutions/schools/organizations wanting to create an institutional policy of environmental education. Institutions those are willing to do will find the MOOC as a great starting point in devising their own policies in terms of environmental education. It will provide the knowledge and tools to mainstream environmental education, and be an effective change-maker for sustainable development. It will also give you facts and figures, and a better understanding of the global international frameworks related to environmental education.
What will be learned?
- Climate Change and Environmental Education in the School Area.
- How to ensure young people’s voices are heard?
- How to link eco-friendly schools to eco-friendly cities and communities?
- How to become environmentally friendly educators?
- How to establish environmental education learning institutions?
- Discover what you can do to promote environmental education and eco-schools.
The course will be divided into 5 modules introducing and touching the different aspects of environmental education in the following areas:
- About the Project and Partnership Module,
- Environmental Education: Definitions and Declarations Module,
- Teacher Competencies for Improving Environmental Education at Schools Module,
- Environmental Education Examples, Programs, and Activities from Each Partner Module,
- Course Evaluation and Quiz.
Complete each module and Pass the quiz!